Belmont Beverage and Chalet Party Shoppes values hard work and excellence in our employees. Each and every one of us plays a vital role in our continued growth and commitment to serve our customers. Teamwork, talent, and motivation are key factors we look for when recruiting personnel.
We are looking for team players who are also self-motivated and career oriented. We promote heavily from within so we are looking for people interested in growing with us. Belmont Beverage and Chalet Party Shoppes offers an opportunity to learn the dynamic industry of craft beer, wine and spirits.
Whether you are highly skilled and knowledgeable or if you are interested in developing your skills and willing to learn, you will fit right in with us!
If you feel we would be a great fit for you, please fill out an application to join the Belmont Beverage Family.
Belmont Beverage Company is an equal opportunity employer.
You can also print off the application here and bring it into any one of our locations.
Scope of Responsibility:
This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service, assisting with the stocking of store, maintaining a clean and attractive shopping environment, and other tasks as assigned by the Store Manager.
Essential functions include:
- Greet all customers upon entry to store using 10-4 Rule
- Accurately register sales and handle cash, credit/debit, and gift card transactions
- Verify starting cash
- Balance cash at end of shift according to cash drawer procedures
- Check ID of all customers
- Offer and provide carry out service to customers where logical (offering it when the load is heavy and the store is not short staffed)
- Treat all customers with courtesy, professionalism and appreciation
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
- Encourage additional sales through up-selling techniques, offering complimenting items and special orders
- Attend all required professional development classes
- Attend monthly store meetings
- Maintain professional appearance per dress code policy
- Rotate stock by expiration date and as appropriate
- Stock cooler; rotate and load
- Display initiative; complete tasks on To Do List, front bottles, etc.
- Assist with stocking of shelves and displays
- Maintain awareness of stock levels; new, discontinued, on hand
- Maintain awareness of all products in store
- Consistently strive to improve product knowledge
- Assist with cleaning of store, both inside and outside
- Foster the company mission and philosophy
- Maintain team philosophy with management and staff through communication and actions
- Maintain flexibility with scheduling work shifts
- Ensure store security by watching customer activities
- Serve as a member of the store team. Responsible in all matters to protect and uphold the reputation of Belmont and those service, being attentive to issues of confidentiality and public relations
- It is also expected that the Cashier will be available to work all holidays
Secondary functions include:
A. All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Store Manager or any member of the Executive Management team.
A. Education, Licenses, and Experience
1. Indiana permit to sell alcohol required
2. High school diploma or equivalency
3. Retail sales experience preferred
B. Skills and Knowledge
1. Able to use good judgment in dealing with public and employees
2. Computer/cash register skills
3. Effective decision making ability
4. Knowledgeable of various forms of identification
5. Knowledgeable of legal requirements for purchase of alcoholic and tobacco products
6. Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks
7. Ability to work collaboratively with others
8. Effective interpersonal and communication skills
9. Able to work effectively with city/county/state police and excise police
10. Basic knowledge of alcoholic and tobacco products
C. Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
1. Frequent walking, standing, talking, hearing and repetitive motions required
2. Frequent reaching, kneeling, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling required
3. Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently
4. Requires the ability to see things clearly at 20 inches or less, as is common in visual inspection or computer work
5. This position is not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that will be required or performed.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.